In this action packed episode of BIMThoughts Carla, Kristina and I talk Autodesk University, and we think this episode is pure AU. Get it…. AU? After years of going to AU we decided to share our Tips and Tricks to help you make the best of AU.
Our Tips and Tricks List:
- If a class is instrested in is full, check standby availability at the time.
- Calendar invite your backup classes that interest you.
- Don’t stay in class the is not meeting expectation.
- Scope out rooms and locations ahead of time. Get the lay of the land.
- Warm socks, sweaters, warm clothes.
- Find an AU Buddy!
- Official BIMThoughts Event drink – Moscow Mule
- Sign up for extra events, parties
- Lots of water, pace yourself.
- Get outside and see daylight from time to time
- Las Vegas is dry, chapstick, request humidifier
- Take a picture of instructor and opening slide for your notes
- Say hello to everyone in the conference, they are just as excited to be there and they have something in common with you. Don’t be a buzz kill.
BIMThoughts is sponsored this week by Enscape. Use the link below to get an exclusive extended trial. Thank You Enscape for supporting BIMThoughts.
Enscape™ is the world’s only VR and real-time rendering plugin for Revit. Simply start Enscape with one click and walk through your fully rendered project within seconds – no uploading to cloud or exporting to other programs required! All changes in Revit are immediately available to evaluation in Enscape. Explore different design options and present your projects to clients. With the option to create a standalone file, you can send an Enscape file to your clients or colleagues and demonstrate your project. Enscape has become a standard application in projects worldwide at companies like Foster + Partners or Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF).